11/29/07

Thanksgiving in Ithaca

First Turkey


This Thanksgiving was a quiet one. We debated whether or not to cook a Turkey for the first time or just buy one precooked from the store. Thanks to my mom and Jared's mom we had some great tips and it turned out to be surprisingly easy... nothing like I thought it would be. Mind you we didn't stuff it or anything but I was just impressed we didn't totally ruin the whole thing. Jared took charge and proclaimed himself to be the Turkey leader. I just went along with it but of coarse did most of the work. He did a nice job of cutting it when we we were done!
We had our friends the Peterson's come over with their 2 kids. We were so happy to have people to share it with when our families are so far away. Afterwards we went to a friends house for desserts. It was a great Thanksgiving and now I know we can cook a Turkey... but I will always be happy to let someone else do it. :)

4 comments:

Young family said...

Hey- Great job on the turkey. I am glad you had a great Thanksgiving. Hopefully next year, we will be together-

Shari said...

Your turkey turned out beautiful and it was so tasty! Thanks for inviting us for a Thanksgiving meal. We loved being able to spend time with friends on that special day.

Elieson Family said...

Amen to not cooking the bird! I've done it four times I think and each time I think the same thing "huh, that wasn't so hard. But man, was it stinky and yucky and BIG"
We had a good day too - I like joining families and having fun/help with the day of celebration.
Will we see you guys soon?

Krisser said...

Happy late-Thanksgiving Alex! I'm glad that you had a good one, and congrats on the turkey- I still havne't tried that on my own, I usually just get assigned something small like bringing the rolls.