11/17/07

First Snow




We had our first official snow fall yesterday. Claire woke me up and told me it was white outside. Avalon and Claire were outside as quickly as I could get them bundled up. It melted by the afternoon and they can't wait for it to snow again. I told them it would be much more fun to make snow angels when the snow is deeper but Avalon made one in the wet slushy snow anyway along with a bunch of snow castles. We're gearing up for a cold winter!





4 comments:

Elieson Family said...

We are jealous. We hope that we will get snow soon enough. I heard rumor we would get some before Christmas, so that's not too far off!
When did you get all that winter clothing? I'm wondering if it will be worth it to get snow pants for the kids, what do you think? There's an awful lot of freedom in being able to roll all around in the snow... maybe I will.
Looks like fun!

Melanie said...

My kids enjoyed it at our house as well. Tyler just stared out the window the whole time it snowed. I could barely get him to eat his breakfast he was so entranced.

Krisser said...

Hurray! I love the first snow- I'm sad we don't live in an area where it actually happens often or sticks around for very long! I love the bundled kiddos- it totally reminds me of Ralphie on A Christmas Story

Sean said...

Those are happy faces! We can relate. Spencer prays for the snow to come back so he can crunch it under his boots.