I've always been a bit of an environmentalist... I remember always picking up trash around Boise with friends just for fun and try to teach my kids to recycle and not litter... I guess a little of that has stuck with Avalon. Mind you, she did attend an elementary school in New York where she composted and recycled everything and came home from assemblies singing songs like the "Garbage Monster"or "The 3 R's" by Jack Johnson... so I'm know I'm not the only one whose had influence on her. After earth week last week I can truly say Avalon is starting to think like an environmentalist. Some quotes from Avalon this past week include:
"Mom, can we go to the beach and pick up trash today?"
"Why do so many people drive cars when they have bad air?"
"When my clothes don't fit me anymore, don't throw them away. We can have Claire or Cody wear them, and when they get to small for them our baby can wear them, and when they get to small for her we can dress our dolls in them."
On Friday when I picked Avalon up from school her arms were full of... stuff. Apparently they made lots of fun things out of recyclables. Avalon was so excited on the walk home and said, "I made the most out of everyone! I made 4 things and everyone else only made 2 or 3 things!" I was very proud of her but have no idea where to put her stuff... actually I do, but not until I take a photo and she forgets about them!
4/24/09
My 5 year old Environmentalist
Posted by Alexandria at 1:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment