2/29/08

So I was Tagged yesterday to write 7 things you may not know about me. My sister-in-law tagged me back in November about this as well so it's late for her but here I go.

1. I used to be a clogger and would compete around Utah and Idaho. I danced for about 10 years. My favorite dance was to Ricky Martin "Cup of Life." I also placed 1st for a duet with Emily Sieble to "Are You Jimmy Ray" Yeah, I was pretty hard core.
Jared to this day has not seen me clog in person and I've been referred to as a "Closet Clogger." I'd much rather have been a ballerina but I'm just not that graceful, so clogging it was.

2. When I was little I was convinced the reason I had freckles was because I scratched off a layer of skin and found freckles underneath. It was obviously a dream but I was convinced it really happened and can still, clear as day, visualize the dream. I never really liked my freckles until a friend of mine in college said, "A girl without freckles is like the night sky without stars!" After that I started to look at my freckled face differently and now fully embrace frecklehood!

3. I like to write songs. I used to make up songs to sing myself to sleep at night looking out my window at the stars. I was a little weird. I remember one of the first little ditty's I wrote was with my friend Stacy (then) Brown on the way home from the mall. I can't remember the story behind it too well but someone commented on our shoes and Stacy and I wrote this. Sorry I can't sing if for you.
I would sing: "where'd you get those shoes? Salvation army?"
Stacy: "bum bum bum"
Me: "where'd you get those blues? Salvation Army?"
Stacy: "bum bum bum."
I've made some progress in the lyrics department since then.

4. I can't go a day with out chocolate.

5. I have never died my hair.

6. I have a fake front tooth. My brother Drew accidentally dropped me when I was in middle school. I had composite for a while but my senior year it was replaced with a veneer. I had to go a week with what looked like a yellow chicklet for a front tooth while they made the veneer. Thankfully right before senior prom I got the tooth I have today and I am always paranoid it's going to fall off when I bit into something sticky.

7. My favorite game is scrabble.

Now I'm going to tag Sue Young and Sherri Lucas so let's hear it girls!

9 comments:

Michael BE said...

awesome Alexandria!!!
Those stories are hilarious. I'm so glad you played my reindeer game. I was talking with Michael about everybody's comments and how mine were so mundane. At least I've got interesting friends. :)

Michael BE said...

oops, sorry, that was Stephanie, I'm just on Michael's computer... :)

Stacy said...

Oh Alex, that is great! I read your comment on my blog, and got all excited to see what you wrote about me. While I was reading the 3rd thing about you, I couldn't think of any songs I remembered you writing while I was with you.....until the very moment I read the words! The song came back instantly to me head! I just started laughing! Funny we are probably the only ones that really know the tune to your little ditty! Good times! Good times!! Thanks for the memories!

Kami said...

Hey Alex, it is Kami Hallmark, well now Bahnmiller. How is it going? I am so glad I found your blog..it will be fun to keep up with you. You have the cutest family!

Michelle said...

That is too funny about your freckles! I know what you mean about the chocolate! I think there is something seriously wrong with me! Do you know any support groups for chocohaulics?

Anna M said...

Scrabble huh? We should do a game night! You'd probably whip us all though...I've never died my hair either, and now as I get gray hairs I'm wondering if I should.

Mel said...

I loved reading all those fun things about you! Scrabble is one of my favorite games too. I'm with Anna, we should get a game going.

Nicole said...

I'm with you on the chocolate!! I loved reading all those fun things about you, you are too cute!!

Krisser said...

You're so cool Alex, I miss your like crazy! I remember going to a few of your clogging performances, that and staying up making mix-tapes, those were the days my friend!