Having Fun on the Fourth
Jared's family has a long standing tradition of spending July 4th on the beautiful beaches of Balboa Island. Jared and I also have some history here as a couple because just across the ferry on the Balboa peninsula is where Jared asked me to marry him. This 4th of July we had a great time with family on the beach and decided to take the kids on an adventure across the ferry to where Jared proposed... well, not the actual spot because it was a little far for their short legs to walk, but close enough. In the past year our children have seen where we met, had our first kiss and now became an engaged couple. I'm sure someday they'll appreciate the history tour. We had Avalon take a reenactment photo of the proposal... it looked a little different then (Picture me without a baby, and Jared smiling, for starters).




3 comments:
You all look so cute! That is great to get to visit all your old places. I love all the photos, especially those ominous clouds in the distance, it looks so mysterious!
Looks like a lot of fun! Love the girls outfits!
That reenactment made me laugh so hard. I'm sure Jared was smiling on the inside. Miss you guys.
Post a Comment