9/25/08

Today we went apple picking at Little Tree Apple Orchard in Newfield with Claire's school. Claire got into the blackberry bush and proceeded to paint her hands with them, not eat, so they would be nice and sticky the entire morning. Cody carried a favorite toy car in one hand and an apple in the other the entire time so he was a happy boy. This is the only time I can get my kids to eat the whole apple... they always make me peel the skin off at home.




5 comments:

xóchitl said...

you guys are always doing something nature-oriented. i haven't seen an apple orchard in sooooo long.
i love how claire was caught red handed.

Young family said...

How beautiful and how fun. Tell the kids Hi

Anna M said...

I miss NY apples! Hurray for San Diego. Can you get better weather than that?! Come visit us in SF!

Sue said...

Your kids crack me up! I can't believe how tall Claire looks on the ladder! She looks like a grown up. :)

Joleen said...

Hi Alex,
Joleen here- from Beth's ward in Meridian. I followed the link from her blog! Its so fun to see what you guys are up to in NY. It was great to get to know you this summer.
Drop me an email and I'll invite you to my blog. jojomckay@yahoo.com

We got apples on Monday and canned 50 lbs into applesauce yesterday! Yikes!!!
Keep in touch.
Joleen