10/22/07






I think Avalon had a great birthday yesterday. We decided not to throw a party since we did that last year and she was able to celebrate Friday at school. We brought some cupcakes to school and she wore a crown all day as the birthday queen. For her actual birthday we opened her presents right after she woke up like it was Christmas. We then drove to Owego for stake conference. The trees are really vibrant right now so it was a beautiful drive which is a good thing because we got lost and took a lot longer to get there than planned. Afterwards we went to a friends house from Jared's school who lives right next to an apple orchard. We walked around and then carved some pumpkins with the kids. We took the Ariel cake with us and had everyone join in with us singing happy birthday. That night one of Avalon's friends from church came over with her family and had some cake with us. It was a long day but I think she had fun.

6 comments:

Krisser said...

Happy Birthday you beautiful girl!!!! Sounds like it was a special day, and the leaves look gorgeous over there!

Corinne said...

What a fun idea of opening up presents first thing in the morning. Also- I just LOVE jammie pictures. So cute!

Young family said...

Awesome job on the cake Alex!! Braelyn wants a Barbie cake, so I hope I can pull one off. It looks like Avalon had a great day. Give her our love

Kim said...

Hey Alex....it's Kim Hansen. Just saw your blog off of Katie's. I love the pics and your blog. Your family is so cute!!! Keep the pictures coming.

Sean said...

Wow! What a fun day and cool cake!

Kim said...

I am going to tryto copy your Ariel cake for Cassi's up-coming birthday! It is so cute!!!